Let me start by saying that I had every intention of blogging yesterday! However, due to an unexpected hail storm last Saturday, it left me without power until late last night. Tragic, I know. No really, it was terrible! On a brighter note (pun intended), today I bring to you a delicious recipe for Spicy Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups! These are super easy to make and even easier to gobble right up.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red peppers (more or less, depending on your spice preference)
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cooked chicken*
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 rinsed cooked lasagna noodles
*For my shredded chicken, I boiled a couple of chicken tenderloin strips until they were thoroughly cooked, let them cool and then pulled them apart with two forks. Cooking time depends on the size of the chicken used.
Before you begin, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
1. Combine pasta sauce, crushed red peppers and chipotle seasoning in a medium bowl.
2. In another bowl, add 1/2 cup sauce mixture, add shredded chicken, 1/2 cup mozzarella, parmesan and egg. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
3. Spread 1/8 cup of mixture onto each noodle and roll up. Try to roll each noodle up as tight as possible to ensure they hold together.
4. Pour 1/4 cup sauce mixture in 8×8 baking dish. Place lasagna roll-ups into baking dish.
5. Cover with remaining pasta sauce mixture and mozzarella.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. Dish up and enjoy!
I REALLY wanted garlic bread to go with it, but didn’t have any on hand. But I did have bread, butter and garlic. So BAM! I melted the butter in a small pan and added some garlic to it, then brushed it on to a slice of bread. Pop it in the oven for about 5-10 minutes and voila! Spicy Chicken Roll-Ups are quick and easy to make with ingredients you probably already have on hand! Enjoy 🙂