What’s cooking? Pepper Chicken! This super easy meal can be prepared in about 35 minutes tops! Well, after preparing the meat and veggies. Originally, I was inspired by Campbell’s Pepper Steak recipe on the back of the beef gravy can, but I did a little modifying! Give this quick and healthy recipe a try:
Here is what you will need:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped into strips
- 1 red pepper, chopped into strips
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 10.5 oz. cans of beef gravy
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tbs. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. ground ginger, divided
- 2 Tbs. chopped garlic, divided
- 2 Tbs. Pepper, divided
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
Before you begin cooking the Pepper Chicken, start the rice! You can use any kind of rice you want (I chose brown). The brown rice took about 35 minutes to cook!
Heat 1 Tbs. olive oil in a large skillet pan. When hot, add chicken. Additionally, add 1 Tbs. of ground ginger, chopped garlic and pepper. The use of these will infuse great flavor into the chicken! Cook on medium heat until chicken is no longer pick and juices run clear. Set chicken aside. (About 10 minutes)
Add 1 Tbs. olive oil to the large skills. Add in peppers, onions and mushrooms. Sauté on medium-hight heat until onions have become translucent and peppers are tender yet crisp. (About 10 minutes).
Add the remaining 1 Tbs. of ground ginger, chopped garlic and pepper. Combine and let it look together for another 5 minutes.
Add chicken. Add in beef gravy, worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. Combine.
Heat through on medium-low heat. (5-10 minutes)
Serve hot with brown rice.
Loved the flavors, and you will too! Go on and give it a try 🙂 Enjoy!