Here is what you’ll need:
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 2 large oranges, cut into segments
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 green onion, chopped
For the orange vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
First things first – let’s get that quinoa cooked! Prepare according to instructions.
While the quinoa is cooking, prepare your other ingredients.
For the vinaigrette, mix all ingredients together and set aside.
Once the quinoa is done, combine it with the other ingredients and then pour the vinaigrette on top.
Toss, dish up and serve! I like to garnish it with a slice of orange which can then be eaten at the end.
A bowl of this and you’ll be good to go! I ate this as a post-workout meal for dinner and ended up filling two small containers for leftovers. Mmm… this will be great for lunch or even to pair with tomorrow’s meal!