(adapted from Damn Delicious)
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cup shredded carrots
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Grilled Chicken, Avocado, Smoked Provolone and Bacon Panini (makes 2 paninis):
- 2 pieces whole grain naan
- 6 thin slices smoked provolone cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 strips turkey bacon, cooked and halved
- 1 chicken tenderloin, cooked and slice
In a large pan of medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Place on a paper towel lined plate, set aside.
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Add the cauliflower to the pot, and cook for another 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Slowly whisk in the flour, followed by the vegetable broth and coconut milk, until the soup begins to thicken.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add in the corn, salt and pepper. Stir well. Now, get our your immersion blender and blend your chowder until it is nice and creamy!